1 lb. beef (marinade 1 hour in 4 Tbsp soy sauce and 1 Tbsp brown sugar)
1 onion – chopped
3 carrots – chopped 1 inch by ¼ inch
3 cloves garlic minced
½ Lb Gemstone Potatoes cut like the carrots (or other potatoes cut like the carrots)
½ cup snow peas
5 chopped green onions (scallions)
1 cup mushrooms (shitake or oyster)
5 scallions chopped
1 dash white wine
2 cups water (or stock)
Salt and Pepper
Chu Chow Chili Oil
1. Cook snow peas in boiling water for a minute. Let them cool and cut diagonally into 2-3 pieces.
2. Cut thin beef into 2″ width pieces.
3. In a large pot, heat oil at medium high temperature and cook beef until the color changes.
4. Add potatoes, onions, and carrot, potatoes.
5. Add water, cover, and cook it at low medium heat about 20 minutes or until potatoes get tender.
6. Season with sugar, soy sauce, white wine, scallions, mushrooms and salt. Cook 15 minutes longer.
7. Remove from heat and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then add snow peas.
8. Serve as is or reheat.
9. I like to add a dollop of Chu Chow Chili Oil on my dish