The main difference between a beef stew and soup is the thickener. In stew flour and mashed potatoes are used to thicken it and also stews usually add tomato, not in this
Ingredients for this Recipe
• 1 ½ Lb. beef stew meat (I used chuck)
• 1 TBSP Olive oil
• 1 small yellow onion (chopped in 1 inch chunks)
• 2 carrots – chopped
• 2 celery stalks – chopped
• 2 cloves garlic – minced
• 4 cups low-sodium beef broth or chicken broth
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 1 tsp dried rosemary
• (or 1 TBSP of Herbs de le Ron)
• 1 bay leaf
• Salt and pepper
• 1 TBSP Worcestershire
• 1 Russet potato – chopped into squares
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1 ½ cup fresh broccoli
• Napa Cabbage
Salt and pepper
1 TBSP brown sugar
Chopped beef in bite size squares. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
Brown Beef in olive oil
Remove beef and add the mirepoix and sauté. Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
Add the vegies and return the beef. Add the herbs, salt and pepper to taste, add the sugar. Mix.
Bring to a boil, simmer with the lid off 3 hours.