- 2 TBSP oil
- 14 oz. frozen shrimp thawed
- 4 oz. white fish cut into 1” squares (Cod or north Atlantic Pollock)
- 1 chicken thigh cut into pieces
- 1 TBSP cloves garlic minced
- 1 TBSP grated ginger or galanga. (I used galanga)
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 2 TBSP Red Curry Paste (Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste can be found in most independent stores)
- 2 TBSP Curry Powder
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cup Chicken stock
- Dash of fish sauce or to taste
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves plucked from the stem
- Kosher Salt
- Cooked Chinese egg noodle and vermicelli rice noodles.
- Bean sprouts
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Heat oil in a dutch oven, (I use a cast iron oven). On medium heat fry the curry paste in oil for a minute or so until the aroma begins to come forward. Add the curry powder and stir in. Add the chicken and fry a minute or more longer. Add the coconut milk, galanga/ginger, red bell, garlic, onion, salt and the chicken stock. Slow roll the pot on low to medium heat and cook for 20 minutes or more.
Twenty minutes before serving add the shrimp and fish. This prevents the over cooking of the seafood.
Boil the egg noodles in a separate pot exactly 12 minutes and drain. Cook the rice noodles exactly 12 minutes and remove the noodles but keep the hot water.
Back to the Laska pot now add the fish sauce and stir (dash of fish sauce, it can be a little frisky). Cook several minutes more.
Plate the noodles, heat the bean spouts in the hot left over noodle water and plate on the side of the noodles. Ladle in the meat and veggies and ladle in the Laksa soup sauce. Top with a lime wedge and cilantro leaves.
As of 5/29/21