(Click on pics to enlarge)
I love this recipe. First start with the Mandarin pancakes.
Mandarin Pancakes (for 16 pancakes)
• 160 gr. flour flour
• 90 gr. cup boiling water
• dash salt
• 2 TBSP veg oil
In a mixing bowl put the flour and gradually stir in the water, mixing to make a thin batter. Work the dough until smooth. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a dish towel and let rest for 30 minutes. Place your finger in the center and create a donut. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 1/2 inch rounds. Brush a small amount of oil on top of 1 round. Place another round on top and press together. Continue this process and stack 8 rounds. Roll the rounds together to form a circle about 6 or 7 inches in diameter. Heat a large pan with water and place a bamboo steamer in it and steam the pancakes 15 minutes over medium heat. Pull pancakes apart and again stack. Place a 6″ bowl over the center of the stack and with a knife cut perfectly round pancakes. Store pancakes in a zip lock bag until ready for use. Here is a video on how to make pancakes:
Steam the pancakes.
Ingredients (for two people)
1/2 pound Tenderloin pork, julienned
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 TBSP minced ginger
1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
2 cups shredded Napa Cabbage
1/2 cup bamboo shoots, julienned (may use canned that have been rinsed well in cold water)
1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
1 egg, beaten lightly
1/2 bunch scallions, chopped
1 dash of soy sauce
1 dash of Shaoxing Cooking Wine – if available
1. In a wok filled with 1TBSP oil, bring to high temperature and add the pork. Quickly stir around the pork and cook until lightly browned. Remove, strain pork and set aside.
2. Leave 1 tablespoons of oil in the wok and return to high heat. Add egg to hot oil and scramble. Set them aside with cooked pork.
3. With remaining oil in wok, stir fry the garlic, ginger, shiitake mushrooms until soft, about 2-3 minutes and the soy sauce and wine. Remove and set aside.
4. Add the cabbage, bamboo shoots and scallions and continue stir frying 2-3 minutes.
5. Add back all previously cooked ingredients.
6. Add the hoisin sauce and check for flavor.
7. Meanwhile, reheat the pancakes until hot 20 seconds in microwave
8. Lay individual pancakes on plates and top with Moo Shu Pork
As of 7/9/22