(Click on pic to enlarge)
As stated, we eat a lot of salads here. Some a fairly complex like Shrimp Remoulade. This one is simple.
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce or your favorite lettuce, chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 scallions chopped (aka green onions or scallions)
- Smoked Gouda cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 slices of salami, cut into cubes
- 8 black olive, pitted and sliced
- 8 green olives, pitted and sliced
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, cut in half
Drizzle with olive oil. Some folks like to use a vinaigrette but in this case the olives and the marinated artichoke adds the vinegar flavor. All that is needed is olive oil, which I pour lightly on top.
I always leave salad at room temperature before eating.