- ½ cup regular BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 4 TBSP brown sugar
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 fresh or ½ dried Habanero pepper
- ¼ lime freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP or more as needed Jamaican Jerk Jamaican Jerk Seasoning or to taste
(see Jerk Seasoning recipe https://ducksmahal.com/2020/02/29/hsakes-and-rubs/)
In a blender on liquefy setting blend all ingredients into a thick paste. After the meat is cooked add to the meat while cooking 15 minutes before serving. Wrap in aluminum foil and let rest 5 minutes. The sugar from the BBQ sauce will caramelize onto the meat.
- 1 TBSP or more as needed Jamaican Jerk Jamaican Jerk Seasoning or to taste, rub into the meat
1 Lb. Tenderloin or 1 Lb. Country Style Pork Ribs
I use deferred heat, placing bricks directly under the pan and coals alongside. The pit temp should be in the 300°+ range. For 1 Lb. it should take ~1 hour to cook. I like to use Kingsford coals, mostly with Applewood in it. When the meat reaches internal temps of 160° the meat should be cooked.
At 54 minutes check the internal temp. Adjust accordingly as to when to add the sauce and wrap in aluminum foil.
As of 3/8/20